What are Traffic Delineators?
20 May 2021 Traffic Control
Also known as traffic posts, traffic delineators are used to guide traffic during a construction or maintenance project. They are placed to outline a set path for vehicles around an obstacle, allowing traffic to continue to flow at a steady rate. Traffic posts can also be used to highlight potential hazards or to inform drivers of changing road conditions. Proper use of traffic delineators is crucial for maintaining the safety of site personnel, pedestrians, and vehicle occupants. As leading providers of cones, drums, delineators, and other traffic management equipment, Valley Traffic Systems has provided some information on what traffic delineators are and where they are used.
Where are Traffic Delineators Used?
Traffic delineators are used in a variety of locations to redirect the flow of traffic. Their high contrast colours and reflective portions make them highly visible at any time of day, making them a great choice for any environment. It is important to ensure that traffic posts are placed in locations that are immediately visible from a significant distance. Traffic delineators can be used in the following locations:
- Parking lots and parking structures during maintenance, cleaning, or repairs.
- Public and private roads during construction projects, maintenance, or accidents.
- Airports during peak hours or busy seasons to highlight parking areas or lane closures.
- Busy facilities with traffic management needs (large warehouses, office buildings, etc.).
Benefits of our Traffic Delineators
For optimal safety, it is important to use quality traffic delineators that meet relevant safety standards for your region. When you choose traffic delineators from Valley Traffic Systems you get a product that offers the following benefits:
- Low weight that allows for easy portability, simple installation, and retrieval.
- Adherence to all requirements and standards for traffic management safety.
- An optional sturdy base that ensures optimal stability, even in harsh weather conditions.
- High-contrast colours and reflective portions that allow for optimal visibility in any lighting conditions.
- Various height and colour options for your specific site needs.
To learn more about traffic management products and traffic services, contact the team at Valley Traffic Services. They can be reached through their online contact form and will work with you to provide the perfect solution for your needs.